Thursday, January 23, 2014

My three most memorable experiences from this semester

1. My first memorable moment from this year is when we all went to the cumberland fair. That was fun because we all got to get out of the classroom setting and got to get some fresh air. As well as missing classes, I was really excited because we got to hang out for hours at a fair with friends. In the end it felt more like a one day vacation than a homework assignment. The pictures we took from their were really fun to because it was the first time we really got to mess around with all the components of the cameras and the photo compositional strategies.

2. Another memorable moment during this semester was when we had to do the ning posts with our partners in Beijing. Its not everyday that we get to talk to someone across seas and collaborate with them. It was really fun seeing their pictures because they showed us what it is like down there compared to the US. It definitely is a big difference as they have much cooler architecture, different foods, and different traditions.

3. My favorite moment in this class is definitely the who are you videos. We got to take pictures as we wanted and weren't restricted to certain requirements. I also really liked it because we got to see things about people that we might not know. We got to see how everyone is like outside of school and we got to share who we really are. The biggest reason, however, why I liked it is because of the final products, everyones final video was really cool and interesting to watch.

These moments have impacted my learning by opening my eyes to a different side of taking pictures. Instead of just snapping a picture on a phone we got to really think about the setting and make it much better. It was a very fruitful experience because I learned different ways of taking photos and ways that I can edit photos to make them better, funnier, or more refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment